The Door


This is my very favoritest picture I took on my very first trip to New York City. My what a transformative experience that was.

I believe I took this picture of some random building's entryway on or very near Central Park West. I love everything about it, and every one of my senses is activated by this photograph. The architecture is stunning. I live in Texas where nothing looks like this. The detailed scrolls and carved leaves on the outer casing took my breath away. The shades of mint and acqua on the tiles, door, and ceiling are divine. The spiderweb window panes are delicate yet strong. All this beauty juxtaposed by the trash on doorstep is so NYC to me. I hear the honks of cars near and far. I feel the warm, June breeze and smell its mixture of organic freshness and city juice.

This threshold represents a time in my past and is also metaphorical for the professional space in which I currently find myself. Then, I was standing in front of a charmingly complex door in a swirling moment in time. Now, I stand in front of another such portal. Back then, I couldn't walk up to this door and open it. But, today, I can.

Comments

  1. This makes me wonder what has changed so you can open this door and enter this portal! What an intense memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts